Photo above by Ruthless Photos
Saving Staffies is a unique rescue organisation - we welcome each dog into a home environment and really get to know them!
We're a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, re-homing and responsible ownership of Staffordshire Bull Terriers (including cross breed Staffordshire Bull Terriers) but not limited to this breed.
Saving Staffies does not receive any council or government funding. We're 100% reliant on the generosity of the public to support our work and rescue as many dogs as we can. So, any donation made, big or small, will help a staffy in need.
WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO US?
- To rescue, provide short term care and rehome abandoned, unwanted, neglected and/or abused companion dogs from pounds and shelters.
- Where resources are available, to also accept privately surrendered companion dogs which are at risk and in need of short term care and rehoming.
- To work with dog behaviourists and other professionals to rehabilitate any dog in our care requiring rehabilitation.
- To work with veterinarians, carers and others to restore health and provide safe short term living environments for the dogs in our care.
- To ensure that before they are rehomed, the dogs in our care are vaccinated, wormed and micro-chipped and de-sexed to prevent any future unwanted litters.
- To ensure that all dogs in our care are permanently rehomed with suitably caring and experienced owners who are able to provide for the dog, and who accept that by adopting a dog they are taking on the responsibility of caring and providing for the dog for its whole life.
- To educate by providing information, promoting a positive image and responsible ownership of Staffordshire Bull Terriers (including cross breed Staffordshire Bull Terriers) but not limited to this breed.
- To promote the ideals of animal rescue and responsible pet ownership to the broader community.